5/18/08

New York, New York


Us in Time Sqaure

So, as many of you know, Adam and I headed to New York this month for a few days of alone time, while my parents tended the kids.  I had never been, so it was really fun for me, but more importantly, we spent the time together.  We saw the New York City Ballet doing a tribute to Jerome Robbins and Leonard Bernstein.  The dancing was beautiful, but I would have like to have seen a full length ballet, as would Adam.  The next night we went to Wicked, which was fantastic!  I highly recommend it!  This video is of the most climactic point in the musical.


The next day we were supposed to go to the Yankees game, but then we, and by that I mean I, opted to do some more sightseeing and see another show.  So we went to a half price ticket stand and I bought tickets to Mary Poppins, and while I was doing that, Adam bought tickets to The Little Mermaid for that evening as a surprise. It was so sweet!  Our favorite of the two was Mary Poppins!  It was great!  If it ever comes to town, take your kids and go!  I have included a clip (the video is not great, but it still shows a really cool part of the musical) of our favorite part!  


Me and Adam before Mary Poppins

                        
We took the Staten Island Ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty, we walk around Wall Street and even visited Tiffany's.  We also had some great food!  One of our favorites was a little whole in the wall called Crepe Mania.  We had a ham and egg and swiss cheese crepe as well as a nutella and strawberries with powdered sugar crepe.  They were phenomenal!  One of our favorite snacks was a stand called Nuts 4 Nuts.  They had a mixed bag of I guess honey roasted (or sugar of some kind roasted) nuts and you could also get a bag of coconut chunks roasted the same way.  They were sooo good - warm too!  Yum!  Then of course we had to get a New York style Pizza.  So we went to a place recommended to us called Angelo's right outside the David Letterman theater.  

This place had the best pizza we have EVER had, and a great Caesar salad as well!  When we got home we tried to duplicate it and found some pretty good recipes.  (I will post that on another blog.)  All and all we had a wonderful time.  Time that was very needed.  


On the Staten Island Ferry

Adam on Wall Street


Me at Tiffany's

5 comments:

Jen and Kent said...

It looks like you had such a blast and were able to fit in a lot in a short time. You sure deserved the break!!!

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

I am insanely jealous of Wicked. Watching the clip made me want to see it even more. I'm so glad you were able to go spend that time with Adam. It's a trip you will never forget. thanks for sharing the pictures and the story about Adam's homecoming. It makes me feel emotional and it has nothing to do with me!! You guys are awesome and I think what both of you are doing is amazing.

Berly said...

I am glad that you had such a fun time. Thanks for sharing the pictures and things about Adam while he was here. My parents so Mary Poppins and LOVED IT!! It is amazing what Adam and you are doing.

R A C H A E L said...

NEW YORK! Manhattan is amazing. I am so glad you two got to spend some time together! How wonderful! Tiffany's. My Mecca. Brings a tear to my eye. I am insanely jealous!

Robin said...

I loved Wicked. I am so glad you posted such a great blog about your trip.