5/18/08

A Hero's Homecoming

Well, I debated whether or not to write this blog, but in the end decided to go ahead.  I am going to chronicle the past three weeks, as a lot has happened.  Adam got home on the 26th of April!  And that is where I will start....

This first part, I was not there to witness, but I wish I had been!  When his plane touched down in Dallas there were about 150 soldiers on board.  As they arrived, on the ground, two Fire trucks pulled around to each side of the plane with sirens and lights on, and proceeded to give them a water cannon salute to honor the soldiers.  That is what you are looking at in these pictures.  What a tribute!  Then as they got off the plane and entered the airport, everyone in the terminal got to their feet and applauded!  I feel emotional, even as I type this, because to me it is humbling and so touching to know that people do appreciate what these men and women, and I think their families are doing.  It meant a lot to me

This is the fire trucks in the distance 


This is of the trucks pulling around to the plane


The truck on Adam's side


The water cannon salute

No comments: