4/14/08

Banana Republic Anyone?


Well, first of all, thank you for all the kind comments.  Saturday was a "rough day", no doubt about it.  But, today the sun is shining, and I feel inclined to get out there and get things done. Anyway, after my rough day, I decided to take some one on one time with Sam.  We went to CPK for dinner, then headed to the outlets to take back a couple things, and look for a couple finishing pieces for our trip to New York.  

So, Sam was great.  "That looks nice, Mom.  I think Dad will really like that one," or "that shirt goes nice with your hair!"  It was a good pick me up.  He has the stroking my ego thing pretty well down!  So, after spending some money, and a little buyers remorse, I came out feeling much better.  Who knew Banana Republic could have an almost medicinal effect?  I have decided, it may be time to curb my shopping appetite, but man I like to buy nice things at a great price!  I guess I just needed a little retail therapy!  It was great!  Thanks for a wonderful night, Sam!  Dinner and BR - who could ask for anything more?

4 comments:

Berly said...

You know I love Banana Republic. There is definately something about retail therapy.

Molly said...

Lizzy-
Funny you should comment about feeling overwhelmed because I was thinking to myself after I talked to you that I have NO IDEA how you keep it together. You are a wonderful mother, wife, and sister. In fact I was telling a little bit about my family the other day and I said, "blah blah blah my brother Adam I love him he's in Iraq, blah blah blah he's married to Liz and I quote, "Seriously couldn't ask for a better sister in law. She's amazing. Not many people can handle us and have the strength to keep coming back and trying to love us anyway. But she does." I love you Liz. You are such an amazing example to me. Tell my boys and cute little Sarah there auntie loves them to pieces.
Molly

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

Good for you! I am so impressed by your ability right now. I don't think you should ever feel hard on yourself. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and how you are doing such a great job with your kids and the tough situation you are in. I know Adam is proud of you and I think your boys are great boys and HANG IN THERE WOMAN!!!

R A C H A E L said...

Nothing beats retail therapy. I think its the, "Yes, I am overloaded to the point of breaking, but look how good I look while doin it!" And Banana Republic, how awesome is that store! Can't wait to see the new duds!