3/18/08

Birthday Surprise!


So, Saturday was my birthday, and had the potential to be kind of a sad day with Adam gone. But, I had some very dear friends who made it just the opposite!  I was really quite overwhelmed!  The weekend before, JD and Dionne Causse called to tell me not to make plans for my birthday, and to let me know that my kids would be cared for all day.  That morning as I was getting ready for Stake Women's conference, a dear friend, Kristen Weaver stopped by with a gift bag containing a book and some smelly goodies (ie. lotions, etc.).  She has really been such a sweetheart, constantly instigating friendship!  I have really grown to love her.  Then, I dropped my kids off at the Causses, and JD watched all five kids along with his own four while I went to the conference, where Dionne and I met up.  After the conference, she and I went to lunch at La Baguette.  Then she gave me a visa gift card from several of my wonderful friends in the ward.  I don't know who all of you are, but THANK YOU!  It was very unexpected!  I was able to get a sweater and a pair of shoes with it!  Needless to say is was quite a bit of money!  I was totally shocked!  While we were gone, Tami came over to my house and did some cleaning and left me a sweet gift bag filled with lots of stuff: a Yoga Journal subscription, some foot cream, candy and a few other little things.  Thanks Tami!  You mean the world to me!  I took a picture a bunch of my goodies, but I left one thing out.  I am listening to it now.  It was a CD from the Bishop and his wife Linda called the Spirit of America, and it is beautiful!  Well, after all the gift giving, a bunch of my friends gathered at Dionne's house and had a little surprise birthday party for me.  We talked and laughed and had a great time!  I forgot to take a picture before everyone left.  This was only about half the people who came.  Sorry to all you other beautiful ladies who were there.  You certainly would have added to our picture, as you added to our night!  I have to say, I never realized I was so loved.  Either that, or this ward is just really nice.   Maybe it's a bit of both, but on a day when I could have felt really down, I felt overcome with friendship and love!  That is the greatest gift anyone could have given.   Just being thought of.  Thank you all so much!  You made my day!  Love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz,
I am so happy about your birthday! Reading about it actually has made me kind of teary. It really fills your heart when you know that someone you love is being cared for and loved when you can't be there to do it yourself. I guess you will always be my baby sister and will hold a special place in my heart. I pray everyday for Adam to be safe, but I also pray for you as you carry a huge load. Tell your friends thank you from you big sis.
Love you!

Berly said...

I was glad to be there to help you celebrate your birthday. We all love you tons!!

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

Hey, Liz
I'm so sad I missed the night, it was our anniversary and so I decided I better spend it with my sweetheart. I'm so glad you had a good day and you are definately loved!!

the lunch lady said...

Happy belated birthday! I think I bought those same shoes a couple of weeks ago! I love them. They are very cute, and comfy to boot!