3/30/08

The Twirl!

Today I dressed Sarah in a fancy dress she got from her Grandma Larsen when she was born. It was the first time she has worn it, and she loved it! She swayed and patted her tummy, and looked very proud of herself. She knew she was pretty! People at church raved about her to her, and she soaked it all in. What a girl! Anyway, the highlight of the Pink Dress Day was the implementation of "The Twirl!" Yes, world, today my little girl twirled and twirled in her princess dress, without direction - well, almost. I did say, "Sarah, can you twirl?" And off she would go twirling like a ballerina for her audience. She even spotted while she turned....sigh...(Maybe I was imagining that. ;) ) Anyway, it was a red letter day! And here are the photos to prove it. It brings me back to Sunday afternoons as a little girl when I twirled away in my favorite dress with the puffiest sleeves in the world! I love having a girl!





















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing that I married such a gorgeous wife, because she has produced some pretty dang cute kids. If it were up to me, they may have been in quite a bit of trouble! Not because of my genes, I mean look at my mother and sisters, they are beautiful. Nature just didn't work out as well for me as for some. Good thing there is beauty all around me, because it makes for the cutest kids in the world.

Hans and Michelle said...

She looked beautiful. I think she looks so much like her daddy!

Berly said...

Isn't it fun having girls. She looks so cute.

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

So dang cute!! I loved her hair, too it's so fun to see her with all that curly hair after nothing for so long. She is darling!

Molly said...

Lizzy-
I love reading your blog. I decided I needed to comment so I felt a little less stalkerish :) Sarah could be the cutest thing I have ever seen. She is so old. I have resolved to come with or without Benji as soon as I have some money :)

R A C H A E L said...

What a cutie! All thing pink and puffy! Little girls are wonderful!