3/3/08

The Bananas in Fine Form


This picture was taken Halloween night 2007. It shows how crazy, and yet adorable my bananas can be! Their Daddy Banana was sad to have missed such a "fun" night! No, really, it was fun, just a bit chaotic, as most of my life is - especially lately.


Every time I go to the store with littlest bananas, people look at me with a cross between admiration and sympathy, as they say, "wow, you must have your hands full!" I used to reply nicely, that yes, life is busy. Now, when I only have the two, I say, "Oh, this is a break for me. I have three more at home!" You can just see the shock and awe in their faces. Maybe that is why I say it - shock value, and maybe I just take every opportunity to vent a little, or maybe a little of both. Recently, however, I have been reminded of how blessed Adam and I are! Despite the hard times, we have seen the hand of the Lord in our lives with many things, not least of which, our bunch of bananas!
And so, to all you ladies and gentlemen out there who see me in the store, and wonder what I was thinking, I say, I don't know, but my existence is a sweet, if somewhat muddled one, and I wouldn't change it for anything!

2 comments:

Norman & Mary Nielson Family said...

Dear Liz,
We love this and wish all the family would start their own blogs and teach us how. They are a great way to stay connected.
Love you dearly!
Mom and Dad Nielson

Jeff and Chelsi Pulley Family said...

Hey Aunt Lizzie,
I tried to post a comment just now and it didn't work. I don't know if you have to read them or something first and then you approve them but I didn't want to write it all again if it's just going to get erased again. Let me know if it came through.

Love,
Chelsi