3/14/08

Title of Liberty

Adam sent our family a "Title of Liberty" for Christmas. He sent with it this letter. It really made me cry. When you read it, I am sure you will understand why. So yesterday I was able to finally get it framed. I am so excited to get it up on the wall! When I picked it up, the lady at the frame store said, "I have to tell you that I have been reading that all day, and it has made me cry. I have been filled with gratitude for you and your family, and for what you are all doing for us. So, thank you." It was touching. What are we giving right now? We are sacrificing our time as a family. It has been very difficult, don't get me wrong, but we have been richly blessed as well. Today I saw a little family whose husband/father was in a wheelchair, and I was pretty sure he was a veteran. (After a while, you can just tell.) And I saw this strong man barely be able to help his wife get her baby front pack on, and I thought, "they are the ones who sacrifice." They give their all, again and again. I feel the sacrifice we make as a family very acutely some days, but I thank my Heavenly Father that my husband is safe, and I know that we are watched over. My dad prays every night that Guardian Angels will be with Adam always, and I know that prayer is answered. I am thankful for our liberties in this country, and wish others had this blessing. God Bless America, and those who protect her.

4 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

Liz- that is awesome. I am amazed by you and your family. What a great father to your boys. Wow.

Berly said...

What a great tribute and message for your boys. Your family and Adam are always in our prayers.

Robin said...

What a wonderful gift. I am glad you shared this with us. Adam is a good guy.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Liz,
Even though I have heard Adam,s letter and am very aware of how you feel---it was a great thing to read this morning in the midst of all the political struggle. Dad and I love you all so much. mom