8/20/08

Part 3


After we got home from summer vacation, we had a visitor to our house.  Amalitta came to stay with us for two weeks.  She needed some time to just feel what she wanted to feel without judgement or pressure.  She was already decided on the idea of being baptized, but wanted to see the missionaries and have some time to think.  At the end of the two weeks, some laughing and crying, and some very spiritual experiences, she went home, ready to face friends and family with her decision.  I am so impressed by this girl and her strength.  Her family loves her very much, but don't necessarily support this.  In fact, some of them hate it, but she feels so strongly that this is what God wants her to do, that she is willing to face that, to have them feel differently toward her on some level.  That takes great courage to put the Lord first.  She is a true example to me.  I am so happy I was able to follow the promptings I received and do as we are taught, just "open my mouth."  She is not the only one who was blessed by this experience.  My children and husband and I are all blessed as well by what this experience has taught us.  Not to mention, the generations to follow who will call her blessed.  I hope some day her parents and family can come to see this as a good thing as well.  I believe they will.  Here are a couple pictures of her visit.

                   

 

2 comments:

Amalitta Gamlieli said...

Thanks for the post that was sweet, love and miss you...and i'll see you soon ;) xoxo

p.s 22 more days!!!

thanks for everything:)

Berly said...

How great Liz. Your kids are wonderful and I am glad you had a great summer.