9/19/08

Friday's Favorites


Friday is here, and since I missed last week, I will post about a few favs today.  My first favorite was brought to mind last Saturday. 

I love knowing my prayers have been answered!  Last weekend was a wonderful weekend, as I traveled to Washington for Amalitta's baptism.  It was, however, difficult for a few reasons, and I was so happy that God answers our prayers.  I knew he answered many for me last weekend.  There is a quote I really like, "I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go." -- Abraham Lincoln  I felt this way on Saturday, as I prepared to give a talk at the baptism.  Never before have I been more afraid to speak, but never before have I been so blessed in a speaking experience.  My heart was calmed, and though tears were flowing, I felt so comforted!

Me and Amalitta on Her Baptism Day

My second favorite, came this morning from my sister.  The favorite is laughter!  Julie posted this quote by Sister Hinkley on our family website:
"Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said, "We are here in mortality, and the only way to go is through;  there isn't any around!"  (Ensign, May 1998)  I would add, the only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.  You either have to laugh or cry.  I prefer to laugh.  Crying gives me a headache." 


Laugh, and the world laughs with you;

Weep, and you weep alone;

For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,

But has trouble enough of its own. - Ella Wheeler Wilcox


Whenever I am stressed or worried about something, laughter is the perfect antidote!  In the past year or so, Brian Regan has become my new favorite comedian.  He is SO funny!  If you haven't watched him much, check him out on youtube!  Here is one of my favorites! 



4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I'm glad things went well for you!

Hans and Michelle said...

Loved it.

Unknown said...

congratulations liz - if that's even the word for it. what a blessing you are to her and she to you! one day at a time right?!?! we love you

Berly said...

What a great experience for you. Loved the quotes!!