9/26/08

It's Friday

Friday is here, and that means favorites....
Keeping in mind that Adam is coming home in a little less than two months (we hope), after a very long thirteen months, these are my favorites right now:
Favorite # 1:
Michael Buble
I really like his music!  It is fun to dance to, work to, and swoon to...  Two of my recent favorites by him are Home and Lost.  Both are original works by Buble, and very heartfelt.  If you haven't heard them, look them up and buy them.  It will be worth your time/money.  I am choosing, however, to post Everything here, as I adore the words.  I can not help but think of my sweetheart when I listen to this song.  I couldn't post the original version, but look it up on youtube.  It's pretty funny/cute.  When you read these words, you will see why I love it, and why it reminds me of my husband.  Enjoy!




Favorite #2:
I recently discovered a BBC movie that I really enjoyed.  It is North and South, based on the book by Elizabeth Gaskell.  It is kind of a Darcy Elizabeth/ Pride and Prejudice story, and the two leads are great.  This brings me to...

Favorite #3:
You can watch this great movie, along with a whole series of Masterpiece Theater/ BBC classics like it on youtube in decent, if not fabulous, resolution.  This is a great cure for a night when you are all by yourself, and need something to escape with.  The music is beautiful.  The story alluring, and the acting superb.  This is the first "episode/part."  It is broken down into approximately eight minute segments, and four episodes.  There are a series of other movies that are also very good here by the same poster.  Jane Eyre is perhaps my favorite...but then again, so is the book.


5 comments:

Tamzen Fleming said...

I also like Michael Buble. Everything reminds me of how much I love my hubby too. Only two months left? You are such a trooper. One of my heros actually!

Julie said...

I LOVE Michael Buble too! I just need to buy a whole CD because I only have a few we bought from itunes. We also listened to a bunch of your favorite from last week (Brian Regan) and laughed out loud. Jake has lots of him on his ipod and we hear daily quotes! Jake is a great mimic and has a way with accents and timing. Almost as good as the real thing! I also love your new background!

Berly said...

I love Michael Buble. This is one of myu favorite things to listen to when I cool down after exercising. It also reminds me of Warren. Also, Jane Eyre my absolute favorite!! I love that book and love the BBC specials. They are sooooo well done.

R A C H A E L said...

L.O.V.E. Michael Buble. I can totally see why you love those songs. My favorite is Quando, that duet he does with Nelly Furtado. Makes me want to get up and 'dance' with Damon.

I am coming to your class thursday. SOO excited! Shaye Harger said it totally works your butt.

My mom burned me a ton of masterpiece theater movies on DVD. I'll get you some. My favorite has to be Mansfield Park.

Christy said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog. I'm new at this...actually Kelsey did our blog as a Young women's Value Project, and as you can see nothing has been added to it since then. I guess I'll have to take over even though I have no idea what I am doing. So...when someone leaves me a comment do I go to their blog and respond back or respond back on my own blog?
It was great having you stay with us the weekend Amalitta was baptized. I really admire you for all that you did!