10/7/08

Debate? Or Political Show?


Okay, I know I may be in the minority here, but I am really frustrated with our candidates for president this year.  I generally go more republican, and after some of the things being discussed about Obama and his connections, I was hoping that McCain would deliver a convincing win tonight to help me feel I was definitely picking the right man, but I didn't feel that.  In some ways I felt he was more disjointed than usual, and that Obama seemed to be "putting up with" an "old guy" so to speak.  (That was from some of the looks on his face during McCain's answers.) However, McCain, while I respect whole-heartedly his military service/service to country, does not inspire me.  His answers felt insincere/politician like to me.  I cannot agree with Obama's policies, and frankly, I worry that he is not what he seems, not the face he wears.  I think McCain is probably what he seems.  His demeanor just irritates me at times.  I appreciate my right to vote, and so I will exercise it, but I wish it was something I was excited to do this year...  Maybe some of my disgust is the general feeling of unease about the country, and our leaders.  I have lost faith in congress lately.  I love this country, and our Constitution and Bill of Rights, but I worry about the hands elected to uphold all these things.  This is really a rant.  I know.  I think it would feel so great to know that the man or woman we were electing was honest and true in his/her intentions, was there to truly serve others, not to serve self.  Of course I would also like to see them putting forth well thought out articulate ideas and plans.  Right now, I am not sure I can say I am feeling honest intentions or great plans from either candidate.  But I know many of you lovely people are feeling those things.  So, please help me see what I am looking for from either man.  If you have any insight or thoughts to help me feel excited again, PLEASE, I am all ears!  
On a lighter note, I did think the following SNL was quite funny!

5 comments:

Amalitta Gamlieli said...

haha so i thought the video was hilarious :) and i know what ya mean its my first year to vote and im not super excited to vote for McCain but i know i dont like obama. The whole situation kinda stinks. that aside thanks for talking with me tonight, and im sorry i worried you :) love you so much, xoxo.

Hans and Michelle said...

Loved the SNL. You were well thought out on the whole situation. I was hoping for the same thing from McCain too. Didn't get it. It's frustrating.

Robin said...

My vote for mccain is really a vote against obama. I am think I need to get to know Ron Paul a little.

Also - wouldn't it be great if the media had NO influence over politics?

R A C H A E L said...

I am disappointed as well. You got old grampy and a snake in the grass. Pick your poison. ( Although, I take some comfort that McCain has a lot of policital experience, combined with the military background, he at least has seen how things operate...)

Anonymous said...

I don't have anything to say that will get you excited about voting this year, but I think we better be willing to take a stand on what we know to be right. Though we may not be excited about the person, we better get excited about the option to vote for the candidate who will best represent our moral values. As far as Obama's looks to McCain, I get those looks all the time from my oldest child and quite frankly I have a lot more experience and knowledge than he does, so maybe those looks did just show how wet behind the ears and unprepared for this Obama really is.