10/1/08

Modesty 101

This week my two little ones had some really cute lessons to teach about modesty.  When I was looking up the song "No One" by Alicia Keys in iTunes, this picture popped up:
Upon seeing this picture, (though the angle was a bit wider so you could see her shoulder better) my four year old said:

This comment was followed by the inevitable, "Right, Mom?"  "Right."  I said with a smile.  I love seeing their innocence!  

A couple of days later, Sarah was playing with a little Disney princess blow dryer someone had given her.   I knew it had a picture of Belle on it, but didn't really pay attention to it.  Then she came over to me with blow dryer in hand, and said:

This was the picture on the blow dryer:


WOW....what do you say to that?  A harmless little blow dryer.  Or so I thought, but as Sarah pointed out, "Princess shirt off?"  Yea, it kinda is.  Hmmm....

6 comments:

Robin said...

I never noticed how much cleavage Belle had! Wow. No wonder girls/women have image problems.

R A C H A E L said...

What sweet kids. I love the princess blow dryer thing. Its true! I have come to truly hate the example the disney princesses give to Zoey. All for covering up the cleavage, (HAHA Like I have any)

I am apologizing for missing (again!) your class! I did the stair master for an hour yesterday, then rode a hard ride this morning, my legs literally will not move. It took all my strength to get upstairs to the computer. (pathetic, I know.)

Unknown said...

haha I LOVE IT!
this cracks me up i love your kids i miss them :)
xoxo

Amber Jensen said...

Liz, it is so funny how observant kids are. I love it! Yesterday Havyn saw a commercial on tv or a guy with his shirt off, she said "ooohhh yuck!" You have such sweet kids. Good work.

Christy said...

Those are some gorgeous eyes on that little girl of yours!

Amalitta Gamlieli said...

hey now...
haha some of that's because of you ya know :) I thought it was cute... and arn't you the one who just added a post about modesty, haha. love ya, peace.