10/25/08

Friday's Favorites + One Day Part 1

I am not doing very well on Friday's favorites, am I?  I keep forgetting it's Friday till it's not...
Okay, today, I am going to talk about a musician I like.  He is kind of folksy, and has a lot of energy.  Adam and I went to his concert in Portland, when we lived in Washington.  It was fantastic!  And so, my favorite musician this week is...Peter Breinholt.  Now, I know some of you have heard of him, and some may not have, and still others may think, "well, he's Mormon...I don't usually listen to that kind of music...."  Well, let me dispel your worries.  This guy writes most of his own music, which is not cheesy or overdone, and even the more religious songs he does are timely and applicable to everyone, regardless of religion.  I think he has the heart and sound James Taylor, and the style and individuality of Jack Johnson, while managing to keep his music distinctly his.  Give him a try!
This clip is of Edwin's Tale - 1862.  It is a about a soldier....well, soldiers.  It is very touching to me.  I hope you enjoy.  I would also check out his other music.  What About is also beautiful.






No comments: